I was recently nominated by two sweet people for The Versatile Blogger Award! I was so flattered when two readers nominated me, that, I have to be honest, I got a little case of stage fright. Who should I nominate? Can I even thing of seven random things about myself? I basically just write about books and cats, is that enough to make me “versatile”? But I had a solid 10 hours of sleep last night and a lot of coffee this morning, and a cookie for good measure, so now I’m feeling up to the challenge.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
- Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post. (I don’t have 15. I hope that’s okay!)
- List 7 random things about yourself.
- Copy and paste the Award Image to your acceptance post
So thank you, Michelle and Dreamy Eyes! I am so sorry it took me this long to recognize, but I was truly appreciative that you thought of me. I am humbled.
And here are my nominees:
- Erin at What She Writes: Well, what can I say? I like what she writes! She knits, she reads, she asks deep questions. I enjoy every aspect of her blog.
- Rachel at Healthteacher’s Blog: One of my college friends, she’s smart and funny, and she is truly versatile. She blogs about everything from nutrition and fitness to literature and her escapades as a high school English teacher.
- Sara at Something To Blog About: My in-real-life friend who is, for lack of a better word, hilarious! I mean, she’ll write haiku to tell you about her week. Could it possibly get any better?
- Michelle at Books and Boston: Are you allowed to nominate your nominator? Well, I am. It’s not my fault I like her! She reads good books and asks though-provoking questions.
- Maria at Christian Fantasy for Women: Maria is a kindred spirit and one of the sweetest souls you’ll ever meet. I really enjoy following her writer’s journal, and reading the excerpts from her book. I think you will too.
- Julia at A Long way From Lyddington: She’s a librarian and illustrator from Australia, and I find her absolutely fascinating.
- Christina at The Literary Bunny: She writes excellent reviews. If you enjoy literature and philosophy, you will love this site.
- Jimmie Chew at…well…Jimmie Chew: This is totally my guilty pleasure cat blog. I really wish I could teach Cambria to walk on a leash like Jimmie does, but Tyler won’t allow it. It’s probably a better deal for smaller-city or country cats anyway.
Seven things about myself:
- I have adult-onset food allergies to peanuts and soy. It’s kind of a bummer, since soy is in practically everything, and peanut butter is one of my favorite foods!
- As much as I love cats, I didn’t own my first one until I was 21. My parents are beagle people.
- My all-time favorite book is Dr. Zhivago by Boris Pasternak. And, per usual, the book is so much better than the movie.
- Once, when I was about nine, I started my very own Baby Sitters Club, but everyone dropped out after a week because our parents said we were too young to actually babysit. (For the record, I totally would have been Claudia.)
- If I were ever filthy rich, I would own a zoo. Or maybe an elephant sanctuary.
- I wanted to become an astronaut when I was a kid, until I learned that you had to be good at math. Then I set my sights on something more obtainable: becoming the first professional woman baseball player. In case you can’t tell, I’m a realist.
- I’ve already started listening to Christmas music, although I think the people who have already started decorating are a little nuts.
I’m pretty excited about something else, too! The self-same Michelle from the awards above gave me the idea to do this, and I hope you’ll join in the fun too! I’m going to participate in the Book Bloggers Hop!
When I started this blog I was not setting out to become a book blogger, but, for better or for worse, it has clearly taken that turn. This is a great opportunity to not just follow but get to know other book bloggers and scope out some new reads while you’re at it! If you’re interested in more information, you can check out the mother blog, Crazy For Books.
Joining is simple, you just have to post about the book hop on your own blog and link back to the original post, which I included above. Then just answer this weeks hop question.
The question this week was “What is your favorite type of candy?” My answer? I love nothing more than a milk chocolate Dove bar, or a Toblerone bar, depending on my mood.
And last, but certainly not least: A man (my man, to be particular)holding a baby, as promised. Because there really is nothing cuter.
Some of you may remember my little friend Josiah, and my overwhelming love of both his tiny toes and his natural baby smell. He is clearly growing up- he’s almost two whole months old now! And he’s cuddly-er than ever. And he’s Tyler’s new BFF, which, really, I have no complaints about.
Anyway, I’ll cut out the indulgent blather. Go read my versatile friends blogs! And go sign up for the Book Bloggers Hop! And for goodness sake, don’t let me take any more pictures of men and babies or my
uterus heart might explode!(Sorry for talking about anatomy in public, mom. It may won’t happen again.)
One response to “A Long Overdue Acceptance Speech, the Book Bloggers Hop, and a Man Holding a Baby.”
i am so glad you get a kick out of Jimmie, he is a funny little cat.
i checked out some of the blogs you wrote about and they are all great!
thank you for that, i will be read’n more!!!